The 30-hour-a-week Intensive Italian language course at our language school in Bologna is the best choice for those who want to learn to speak and understand Italian as quickly as possible!
The intensive Italian language course comprises:
- minimum length of intensive Italian language course – one week
- small groups – maximum 10 students guaranteed!
- the intensive Italian language course is designed to develop speaking/listening skills as well as grammar awareness
- complete a level in just four weeks
- two hours of “input” each day (new Italian grammar & vocabulary) with your first teacher
- two hours of “practice” (skills: speaking, listening, reading, writing) with your second teacher
- a coffee break, with the “practice” teacher & your class in which you will all speak Italian
- a two hour afternoon class, the content of which will be based on your needs i.e. extra grammar, extra speaking, exam preparation
- buy or borrow (free of charge) your course book directly from the school
- weekly progress tests to give you feedback on how your Italian is improving
- an “end of level” test, every fourth week
- optional homework up to 10 hours a week
- end of course diploma
- possibility to prepare for a CILS Italian language exam at certain times of year
You also get:
- unlimited use of the school facilities (library, multimedia centre, DVD library, etc.)
- a tutor available each afternoon to help you with your homework
- 3 to 4 social events per week when you can meet other students and practise your Italian!
- free Wi-fi Internet access throughout the school
- free accommodation-booking service
- free help with visas, if you need it
Is an Intensive Italian language course right for me?
|Course Characteristics||Benefits for you!|
|30 hours of lessons per week||Maximum progress in the minimum time, plus homework if you have the energy!|
|Complete a level in 4 weeks or under||Intensive study ensures you gain a more complete knowledge of the Italian language|
|Classes starting every Monday||Plan your class for the period which suits you best!|
|Experienced, permanent staff||Teachers trained to apply the right methodology to help you learn quickly!|
|Small classes||Develop your ability to speak and understand Italian in a friendly, communicative setting!|
|Flexible syllabus in afternoon lessons||Your afternoon teacher will agree learning objectives with the group, according to your needs|
|Discounts for longer courses||The more you learn, the less you spend per week!|
How can you be sure you’ll have a class at the right level for me?
We may not be sure at the time you book your intensive Italian course how many other students will be present in the school when you come or what their levels will be, but to ensure the quality of our courses we always try to avoid mixing levels, especially for beginners.
- when you confirm your booking, we will send you a placement test by e-mail to get an idea of your level
- on the first day of your course, we verify that the test result is correct
- sometimes we may have to open a new class for you, even if we don’t have the minimum number of students at your level
In the event that your intensive Italian course does not have the minimum number of students (4), you will be offered the choice between two alternatives:
- a full refund of your course fee for that week, or
- the alternative of continuing to study in a smaller group but with a reduced number of hours of lessons per day
|No.students||No.hours per day|
|min. 4 students||6 hours per day (as normal)|
|3 students||5 hours per day (as normal)|
|2 students||4 hours per day|
|1 student||3.5 hours per day|