The modular Evening Course at Madrelingua Italian School is designed to meet the needs of students and workers in Bologna who are only free in the evening:
- 2 lessons per week, normally from 18:00 to 21:00
- 3 week modules (18 hours of lessons per module)
- small groups – maximum 10 students guaranteed!
- the Evening Course is designed to develop speaking/listening skills as well as grammar awareness
- complete a level in four modules (12 weeks)
- easily improve your Italian 2 whole levels in an academic year!
- buy or borrow (free of charge) your course book directly from the school
- progress test at the end of each module to give you feedback on your progress
- an “end of level” test, every fourth module
- optional homework
- end of course diploma
Although you only study in the evening, your course also entitles you to:
- unlimited use of the school facilities (library, multimedia centre, DVD library, etc.)
- a tutor available for two hours each afternoon to help you with your homework
- 3 to 4 social events per week when you can meet other students and practise your Italian!
- free Wi-fi Internet access throughout the school
Is the Evening Course right for me?
|Course Characteristics||Benefits for you!|
|6 hours of lessons per week, in the evening!||An Italian Evening Course allows you to make regular progress with your Italian, without sacrificing your job or studies!|
|Complete a level in just 12 weeks!||Fast progress in developing your spoken Italian and knowledge of grammar and vocabulary|
|Flexible start dates and periods||Begin your Italian Evening course as soon as you arrive in Bologna and study as long as you need to|
|Experienced, permanent staff||Teachers trained to apply the right methodology to help you learn quickly!|
|Small classes||Develop your ability to speak and understand Italian in a friendly, communicative setting!|
|Tutor to help you if you choose to study more intensively||Get more out of your classes, without spending extra, with our afternoon tutor!|
|Discounts for longer courses||Buy more than one module, pay less!|
When can I start my Evening Course?
3 week modules – two lessons a week – 18.00 – 21.00 – one module = 18 hours* – four modules = 1 level
ACADEMIC YEAR 2019/20
|Term/Module||Module 1||Module 2||Module 3||Module 4|
If a course is already in progress, come for a trial lesson and join the class!
How can you be sure you’ll have a class at the right level for me?
We may not be sure at the time you book your Evening Course how many other students will be present in the school when you come or what their levels will be, but to ensure the quality of our courses we always try to avoid mixing levels, especially for beginners.
- when you confirm your booking, we will send you a placement test by e-mail to get an idea of your level
- during the first lesson of your Evening Course, we will verify that the test result is correct
- sometimes we may have to open a new class for you, even if we don’t have the minimum number of students at your level
In the event that your group does not have the minimum number of students at your level (4), you will be offered the choice between two alternatives:
- a full refund of the Evening Course fee, or
- the alternative of continuing to study in a smaller group but with a shorter lesson length:
|No.students||Lesson length (mins.)|
|4 min. 10 max||180 mins.|