Madrelingua Italian Language School was founded in 2006 with the aim of providing high-quality teaching of Italian as a second language.
The school is committed to supporting foreign students who are learning the Italian language, culture and life-style.
To achieve this we offer the best educational resources, a study room which is always open, qualified teachers, a tutor available to help with individual students’ needs, and a wide range of courses at all levels. In addition, we are always looking for new ways to improve the service we offer.
The basic principles of our policy are:
- the importance of teaching in the target language, and of supplying students with opportunities to communicate in that language during the lessons, so as to faciliate learning both the language itself, of communicative strategies and, in particular, the acquisition of an ability to understand others and to express one’s own thoughts
- the recognition of students’ different learning styles and objectives, and so the necessity to employ different activities and approaches
- the need to also understand the relative importance of individual components which might be necessary to reach such objectives (for example, the importance of listening, of reading, of pronunciation, and not just of grammar)
- therefore a versatile and flexible methodology, and one that aims at continuous improvement..
- …managed by professional teachers, who are thus able to adapt materials and lessons according to the specific needs of students
- the most modern teaching materials
- an encouragement of autonomous learning through the use of dictionaries, online resources, graded readers, DVDs, etc.
- a policy of continuous enrollment, which makes it possible for potential students to try a course before enrolling, and to begin learning when it is most convenient for them
- a commitment to guarantee the absence of discrimination of any type (race, religion, sex, gender…) and to prevent abuse of any type.